This recipe was passed down to me from my grandmother, who I think got it from a very old cookbook. It’s still my favorite pancake recipe despite trying many others over the years. I like how fast and simple it is to whip together, and it always produces really fluffy, sweet pancakes that almost remind me of marshmallow.
Easy Fluffy Pancakes for TwoCourse: food and recipesDifficulty: Easy
The lightest, fluffiest pancake recipe I’ve ever made
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons cooking oil or melted butter
- Stir the dry ingredients together
- In another bowl, combine the beaten egg, milk, and cooking oil
- Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir only until flour is no longer visible. It’s okay if it looks lumpy.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot, greased skillet. Flip when edges of pancake begin to look done, and bubbles form on top.
- Repeat for each pancake until the mixture is gone. Enjoy!
- Mix together all the dry ingredients except the flour first to ensure an even mix
- Pour the batter with a ladle or measuring cup into the skillet for the prettiest pancakes.